As Trustee for Place 3, a significant value I provide to the Plano ISD community is the experience of from the past seven years. I will re-invest this experience and build upon it in my next term.
Under my leadership as President of the board, our board was named 2014 Outstanding Board in Region 10 (consisting of 80 school districts, 31 charter schools, and numerous private schools) and advanced as one of five Honor Boards in Texas.
Specific examples of my work and experience can be found at the following links:
- Developed many relationships within the district by touring campuses, attending numerous district events, serving on local PTA boards, and currently serving as the Board liaison to Plano Council of PTAs.
- Developed valuable relationships for the district within the Plano and Greater Dallas communities through my memberships in: Rotary Club of Plano, Leadership Plano-Class 30, Golden Corridor Republican Women, serving on the Advisory Board of Circle Ten Council of Boy Scouts of America, and serving as Board liaison to the City of Richardson.
- I am a graduate of Leadership TASB (Texas Association of School Boards), Class 2015, which has helped me develop important relationships throughout the state. By attending state and national training conferences, which provide opportunities to meet members of other school boards in Texas and the nation, I learn the best practices of other districts in order to share with the board and administration in Plano ISD.
- Invested the equivalent hours of a full-time job to my work as a trustee for seven years. I have knowledge about the policies that our board adopts in its governance process and will continue to keep current on all developments.
- Spent many hours annually attending TASB , NSBA (National School Board Association), NTRC (North Texas Regional Consortium), and CRSS (Center for Reform of School Systems) conferences and training events to be constantly informed about current trends and issues in education.
- Represented our district as the member elected by my peers in Region 10 to serve on the TASB legislative advisory committee to help set the legislative platform for which TASB will advocate to the state legislature this session.
I plan to continue my work for the benefit of our district to serve all students, parents, and stakeholders in our community!