- Superintendent Selection Subcommittee - Chairperson: Both in 2011 and 2014, coordinated all communications with the selected national executive search firm; provided direction on timeline; sought advise of other district's board members about process; updated board members at executive meetings regarding the process; collaborated with executive search team and administration to coordinate focus groups; consolidated list of focus group participants submitted by trustees; assigned members to focus groups to balance representation of stakeholders; coordinated scheduling of focus groups with executive search team to facilitate same; presented updates on the process to Leadership Plano and Plano Chamber of Commerce; coordinated three levels of interviews between search firm, PISD administration and security team.
- Board Legislative Committee - Develop and advocate for the District’s legislative priorities and educate our community about school finance. I have a proficient knowledge about the complex system of school finance and the legislative process. I helped create TaxparencyTexas.org to educate our taxpayers. I testified before the Texas Senate Subcommittee on Property Tax Reform & Relief in Oct. 2016 where I offered articulate solutions regarding school finance and transparency in taxation. I work with legislators to further the priorities of the district and our community. I have presented sessions on Taxparency to approximately 600 members of our community since Sept. 2016.
- Audit Subcommittee - (Chairperson): With regard to the external audit, the subcommittee meets with auditors prior to the audit to develop scope; communicate any concerns; ascertain that an audit is conducted annually; meet with auditors to review the comprehensive annual financial report (CAFR); introduce motion at board meeting to approve CAFR. With regard to internal audit, the subcommittee has input on the scope of audits conducted; receives all reports of the internal auditor; acts as independent oversight.
- Board Operating Procedures Revision Subcommittee: Responsible for updating sections on Communication and Board Development. Advocated to change procedures to permit the public to address the Board on items other than those directed by the board agenda. Although I was initially met with some opposition, I was able to collaboratively develop a procedure, (which our board ultimately approved by a vote of 6 to 1), that permits public input on non-agenda items at the end of board meetings.
- TASB Delegate (2010): Attended the TASB Convention and represented our district as delegate to vote on legislative priorities.
- TASB Legislative Advisory Council (2012, 2014, & 2016): Attended the grassroots meetings of trustees from all regions in the state to develop the legislative priorities that will carried into the upcoming legislative session.